This is day ten in the 30 Abs Exercises In 30 Days Series of articles.
If you’re interested in getting a flat stomach then this is a series you will want to bookmark right now! You might even want to subscribe by RSS or email at the right of the page.
If you’re at all like me you get bored doing the same old abs exercises, if you get to them at all. For the next 30 days I’m going to give you a new abdominal exercise along with instructions on how to correctly perform the exercise!
Abs Exercise #10: The Toe Touch Crunch
The toe touch is the second exercise in the gold medal abs workout. The gold medal abs are a series of ab workouts developed by Olympic trainers.
You don’t need any extra equipment to perform this exercise, just yourself and the floor (or maybe a mat).
Here is the proper way to perform the toe touch crunch:
- Lie down on your back, making sure your back is firmly against the floor.
- Raise your legs up so that they are at a right angle with the floor (not everyone will be able to get them at exactly 90 degrees as you can see in video so just try your best).
- Extend your arms and crunch up, trying to touch your hands to your toes.
- Aim to complete 15-20 reps.
- If you can comfortably do this then try holding a dumbbell in both hand as you crunch up to make it more challenging.
Things to remember when doing the toe touch crunch:
- Try to keep your legs as straight as possible to make it harder.
- With every rep try to get your shoulders and chest further off the ground.
- Always use slow, smooth motions while lifting yourself up.
- Throughout the exercise, stay focused on your abdominal muscles.
Next In The Series: The Sprinter
Previous In The Series: Hanging Straight Leg Raise
Popularity: 13% [?]