Follow us on Twitter   Get our RSS-feed   Stumble this

7 Comments Already

commenter
October 17th, 2008 @3:30 pm

You are so right, incline walking really does give your lungs, legs, and body a great workout.

LisaNewton’s last blog post..Please Help Support the Houston Wellness Association! (Press Passes Available!)

commenter
Kara Said,
October 17th, 2008 @10:04 pm

You’re absolutely right! Not only does incline walk/run increase your weight loss, it also builds stronger leg muscles. Great tip!

commenter
blanne Said,
October 20th, 2008 @9:31 am

hello there! just curious, would there possibly be a significant difference between using the stairs and just an inclined and flat plane?

blanne’s last blog post..How to Increase Your Star Rating in Slicethepie

commenter
October 20th, 2008 @3:27 pm

I’ve always been amazed at the difference even a slight incline can make. I like to take a walk around work in the afternoons, and there are many spots where I have to walk, say, up a driveway. It always gets me puffin’!

Charlie Hills’s last blog post..Finally…Pizza!

commenter
Jessica Said,
October 21st, 2008 @10:41 am

Hi Blanne, walking or running up stairs or using a stair-master at the gym is another great workout. It is comparable to walking on an incline, in fact they may even be a harder workout. Either way they definitely get your heart rate and breathing up.

commenter
ZOUA Said,
August 2nd, 2009 @7:13 am

Haym I’m wondering, does incline walking make your legs muscaular? Because I’ve been told it doesn’t but, does you legs build more muscle if you incline walk?

commenter
Mark Said,
March 14th, 2011 @6:00 pm

Incline walking will increase muscle mass in your legs, which will make you gain weight, in your legs. However, the rest of your body won’t convert to muscle, which means you will lose weight pretty much all over your body. In the end, it still equates to a very noticable weight loss.

At least that was what happened in my case. Don’t fear weight gain from muscle, people. Your legs will become toned and the rest of your body will shed pounds.

Depending on your ability, I wouldn’t always recommend dieting. Eat healthier foods and eat until you are full. Depriving yourself might lead to binge eating, and when people binge eat, it’s rarely healthy foods. I would rather stuff my face with brown rice and mixed-beans than deprive myself and binge-eat pizza and Doritos because my body is craving food.

Related Post